Wind Power Construction in Brazil
Type : Crawler Crane
Date of Release : 2012-11-15

Equipment No.:08CC25130138
Project name:Wind Power Construction in PECEM in northeast of Brazil
Location:Fortaleza, Brazil

Users: Strabag AG, the world famous international Project and construction company, located at Spete of Austria. It was established in 1835 and has become the largest construction company in Germany and Austria. It has approximately 40,000 employees all over the world, and its revenue in 2005 reaches €980 million. Strabag is abundantly experienced on road construction, structural project and other buildings fields including tunnel project, civil project,bridge construction, power plant construction, railway construction, environmental protection technique and special underground Project and projects development.





Project Backgroud
Niagara Falls is located at the junction of Ontario of Canada and the State of New York of the U.S., which is the great fall on the Niagara River in the northeast part of North America, and is also the famous wonder of the American Continent. Its average flow is 5,720 cb.m./s, it is called the world great three cross-boarder falls together with Iguazu Falls and Victoria Falls.

The maximum flow of Niagara Falls can reach 6000cb.m./ s.

However only 30% of the water yield flows to the faults of the river valley of Niagara River and forms the falls, the remaining 70% of the water yield is used for power generation. To coordinate the travelling development and hydraulic power generation, Canada and the U.S.concluded an agreement in 1950 that there must be sufficient water yield with the falls in peak tourist season, the flow of which should be 3000cb.m./s and 1500cb.m./s in normal time.

On Sept. 14, 2005, the Niagara project commenced. This project dug a tunnel with a diameter of 14.4meters and length of 0.4km at the place of 140 meters under the Niagara Falls City and peripheral area, which will supply water to the power station along the cliff of Niagara, the supply flow is 500cb.m./s. This project was totally invested with USD1.6 billion and to be finished in 2013.





Construction Description
The SCC2500 crawler crane is leased by Strabag AG, and it constructed on the Niagara tunnel project---the biggest water conservation and tunnel project in North America, which is called “Chinese Three Gorges”.

SANY SCC2500 crawler crane hoisting holder in the Niagara Tunnel Project of the U.S.

On Aug. 11, 2010 in the Niagara Falls City located at the boarder of Canada and the U.S., our customer Strabag AG was waiting anxiously for our service engineer to make the final examination and confirmation on the equipments. After the service engineer of our company, arrived at the site,he made inspection on theequipment without delay: hook calibration, no alarm, hoisting indication is correct, everything is in order.

This equipment uses working condition of HI 82.5m, the main hook has no extended boom head, single winch ration,hoisting steel truss structure. This crawler crane is the largest equipment leased by the constructor, which is very important to the this project construction. The success of this hoisting is of great importance to the expansion of SANY crawler crane in North American market. Since this equipment had successfully operated for 340 hours in other sites, therefore our customer had sufficient confidence on this SCC2500.
On the nervous work site, SCC2500 achieved great success for its first hoisting and won the hurrah of the people on the site. To protect the normal operation of the equipments in future, SANY service engineer stands by on the site to deal with the possibly occurred problems. The following construction was very smooth. Up till now, this equipment has successfully operated for 2300hours. The customer wrote thanks letter to thank for the contribution of our equipment on the hydropower station construction, thank for the stand-by of SANY engineer. SANY crawler crane joined the task with its high quality performance and finished the hoisting work of many important parts. The good quality and the considerate service won high praise of the constructor.

The customer wrote thanks letter to thank for the contribution of our equipment on the hydropower station construction,thank for the stand-by of SANY engineer.

SANY crawler crane joined the task with its high quality performance and finished the hoisting work of many important parts. The good quality and the considerate service won high praise of the constructor.


| GCP System | Site Map
© 2001- SANY Group Co.,Ltd. Copyright